- Prepare two mobile devices that are secure and haven't been rooted before, and use them for watch wallet and cold wallet respectively.
- You need to install a TronLink wallet on both devices. For security concerns, please download TronLink via official channels such as TronLink official website, Google Play store and App Store.
- After the download, disconnect the device used for cold wallet from the Internet or turn on its flight mode, and then click on "Create Cold Wallet" to set up your cold wallet. (Be sure to disconnect this device from the Internet as it stores your private key.
[How to Use Cold Wallet]
- Cold wallet: Click on “Receive” to display the QR code of the cold wallet.
- Hot wallet: Click on "Add Wallet" on the top right of the homepage, select "Import Watch Wallet", and then scan the QR code of the cold wallet to add its watch wallet.
- You are able to make all types of transactions supported by the watch wallet covering transfers, freezing & unfreezing, voting, multi-signature, etc. After making a transaction with the watch wallet, you will be directed to the QR code page.
- Scan the QR code of the watch wallet in step three with your cold wallet and then give a signature for verification. The QR code will then be shown in your cold wallet.
- Scan the QR code of the cold wallet with your watch wallet to complete the transaction
- Your cold wallet stores your private key, so be sure to use a mobile device that is not connected to the Internet for your cold wallet, and back up the data and store them in a safe place.
- Never connect your cold wallet to the Internet after it is created.
- The watch wallet requires the off-line signature from the cold wallet to complete a transaction.
- You can check your asset balance in the cold wallet with the watch wallet.
- Once you have chosen the cold or hot wallet mode, it cannot be switched again.